List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christophe-Marie Duquesne Date:July 10 2008 2:31pm
Subject:Re: Need help for compiling : ‘Trans action’ is not a member of ‘mysqlpp’
View as plain text
Thank you. My admin don't want to change, unfortunately, and I am not
allowed to compile a more recent version by myself for my project. Thank you
for the advice, anyway. I'll do things the old way.

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2008, at 2:26 AM, Christophe-Marie Duquesne wrote:
>
>  I think my version is too old.
>>

> Yes.  The Transaction class was added in the version right after the one
> you're trying to use, and that version is over two years old now.  I would
> recommend upgrading to MySQL++ v3 for much more than just Transaction.
>
> If you can't talk yourself into building from source, the same people who
> built the DEB you're trying to use now have ported MySQL++ v2.3.2 to Ubuntu.
>  You can probably rebuild that one to work on your system.  It's a far sight
> better than 2.0.7.
>
>  For later, I'll remember to always look at the documentation in
>> /usr/share/doc and not the one on the web
>>

> Yes, though the ChangeLog on the web site would have clued you into this as
> well:
>
>        http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/ChangeLog
>
> As you can see from looking through that, 2.3.2 and 3.0.4 are each
> significant jumps in functionality from 2.0.7.

Christophe-Marie Duquesne
élève ingénieur 2A ensimag
Thread
Need help for compiling : ‘Transac tion’ is not a member of ‘mysqlpp’Christophe-Marie Duquesne10 Jul
  • Re: Need help for compiling : ‘Trans action’ is not a member of ‘mysqlpp’Christophe-Marie Duquesne10 Jul
    • Re: Need help for compiling : ‘Trans action’ is not a member of ‘mysqlpp’Christophe-Marie Duquesne10 Jul
      • Re: Need help for compiling : ‘Trans action’ is not a member of ‘mysqlpp’Christophe-Marie Duquesne10 Jul
        • Re: Need help for compiling : ‘Transaction’ is not a member of ‘mysqlpp’Warren Young10 Jul
          • Re: Need help for compiling : ‘Trans action’ is not a member of ‘mysqlpp’Christophe-Marie Duquesne10 Jul