List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 10 2008 1:51pm
Subject:Re: Need help for compiling : ‘Transaction’
is not a member of ‘mysqlpp’
View as plain text
On Jul 10, 2008, at 2:26 AM, Christophe-Marie Duquesne wrote:

> I think my version is too old.

Yes.  The Transaction class was added in the version right after the
one you're trying to use, and that version is over two years old now.
I would recommend upgrading to MySQL++ v3 for much more than just
Transaction.

If you can't talk yourself into building from source, the same people
who built the DEB you're trying to use now have ported MySQL++ v2.3.2
to Ubuntu.  You can probably rebuild that one to work on your system.
It's a far sight better than 2.0.7.

> For later, I'll remember to always look at the documentation in
> /usr/share/doc and not the one on the web

Yes, though the ChangeLog on the web site would have clued you into
this as well:

	http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/ChangeLog

As you can see from looking through that, 2.3.2 and 3.0.4 are each
significant jumps in functionality from 2.0.7.
Thread
Need help for compiling : ‘Transac tion’ is not a member of ‘mysqlpp’Christophe-Marie Duquesne10 Jul
  • Re: Need help for compiling : ‘Trans action’ is not a member of ‘mysqlpp’Christophe-Marie Duquesne10 Jul
    • Re: Need help for compiling : ‘Trans action’ is not a member of ‘mysqlpp’Christophe-Marie Duquesne10 Jul
      • Re: Need help for compiling : ‘Trans action’ is not a member of ‘mysqlpp’Christophe-Marie Duquesne10 Jul
        • Re: Need help for compiling : ‘Transaction’ is not a member of ‘mysqlpp’Warren Young10 Jul
          • Re: Need help for compiling : ‘Trans action’ is not a member of ‘mysqlpp’Christophe-Marie Duquesne10 Jul