List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:July 7 2008 8:09pm
Subject:Re: Thread-awareness vs thread-safety
View as plain text
On Jul 7, 2008, at 2:03 PM, Rick Gutleber wrote:

> do I need to use the "thread-aware" version of the library if I am
> not sharing connections or data structures or anything from MySQL++
> across threads?

Yes, because there are other considerations, like ensuring that the
code uses reentrancy-safe versions of standard library functions.

Your practice of keeping information about a DB connection within a
single thread will help you to avoid a lot of pain, but doesn't in
itself let you ignore thread safety issues.
Thread
Thread-awareness vs thread-safetyRick Gutleber7 Jul
  • Re: Thread-awareness vs thread-safetyWarren Young7 Jul
Re: Thread-awareness vs thread-safetyWarren Young8 Jul
  • Re: Thread-awareness vs thread-safetyRick Gutleber8 Jul
    • Re: Thread-awareness vs thread-safetyWarren Young8 Jul
Re: Thread-awareness vs thread-safetyRick Gutleber9 Jul