List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 30 2008 1:10pm
Subject:Re: Status of mysqlpp::Null in ssqls
View as plain text
Soul Boy wrote:
> Hi I can understand what your saying however from a users/usability
> point of view it would be intuitive and useful if there was someway of
> doing this other than declaring all your macros as nulls just in case
> you want to insert a null value sometimes.

Null-ness in SQL is a matter of data type.  C++ is a statically-typed
language.  What you're asking is basically for dynamic typing.

If you think there's a way it could be done the way you want, you're
welcome to send a patch to the list so we can discuss something concrete.
Thread
Status of mysqlpp::Null in ssqlsSoul Boy30 Jun
  • Re: Status of mysqlpp::Null in ssqlsWarren Young30 Jun
    • Re: Status of mysqlpp::Null in ssqlsSoul Boy30 Jun
      • Re: Status of mysqlpp::Null in ssqlsWarren Young30 Jun
        • Re: Status of mysqlpp::Null in ssqlsSoul Boy1 Jul