List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:June 23 2008 5:27pm
Subject:Re: mysqlpp::String and UTF-8
View as plain text
On Jun 23, 2008, at 1:49 AM, Soul Boy wrote:

> I read your Unicode section and I am still not sure about the String
> class and UTF-8 data.
>
> If I call size() when the string will it return "Return number of
> characters in string." or the number of bytes or what ?

mysqlpp::String does not do any data conversion.  Therefore, you will
get a count of the raw UTF-8 bytes, not the number of Unicode
characters.  You will need to use something like std::wstring to store
a "widened" version of the string, and count the characters that way.

I've added a Wishlist item to make this easier within MySQL++.
Thread
mysqlpp::String and UTF-8Soul Boy23 Jun
  • Re: mysqlpp::String and UTF-8Warren Young23 Jun