List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:support Date:May 22 2008 10:25pm
Subject:Re: license question
View as plain text
Warren Young wrote:

> > IANAL, and I don't speak for any other entity, not even the company I
> > work for.  My informed opinion is, "yes".  :)

> > Yes, as long as you're willing to provide the source code that
> > produced that DLL to anyone who asks.  The exact terms of this
> > requirement are spelled out in the LGPL.

> > The MySQL C API is under the GPL, not the LGPL, so it doesn't matter
> > how you link: your app falls under the GPL unless you buy a commercial
> > redistribution license from MySQL, Inc.

oops, sorry I reponded to you and not list..

Now i'm confused. mysql++ isn't much use without the mysql C api... So
it really IS NOT possible to do what I want, unless I buy a license from
MySQL? I cannot open-source this app.

Wait, maybe you misunderstood my second question. ok:
I want to create a closed source app. I want to use mysql++. I don't link to mysql C api
or touch it, but mysql++ does.
I want to include the mysql++ dll and the mysql C api dll with my app when I
distribute it so it 'just works'. I don't mind making the source for
those available if I have to. I will not allow any of my code to become
GPL or LGPL. I do not want to spend money. Is it possible?

If not, what about the mysql ODBC connector?

Thread
license questionsupport22 May
  • Re: license questionWarren Young22 May
    • Re: license questionsupport23 May
      • Re: license questionWarren Young23 May
        • Re: license questionsupport23 May