List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:May 22 2008 9:50pm
Subject:Re: license question
View as plain text
On May 22, 2008, at 1:52 PM, support wrote:

> I'm evaluating mysql++ and I would like to create a closed source app
> using it. Likely it would stay in house but we need to be able to
> distribute it in the future if we should decide to do so. As long as
> we
> link dynamically, this is possible, correct?

IANAL, and I don't speak for any other entity, not even the company I
work for.  My informed opinion is, "yes". :)

> Can we distribute the mysql++ .dll/.so binary with our application?

Yes, as long as you're willing to provide the source code that
produced that DLL to anyone who asks.  The exact terms of this
requirement are spelled out in the LGPL.

> Same question for the mysql C api .dll/.so..?

The MySQL C API is under the GPL, not the LGPL, so it doesn't matter
how you link: your app falls under the GPL unless you buy a commercial
redistribution license from MySQL, Inc.
Thread
license questionsupport22 May
  • Re: license questionWarren Young22 May
    • Re: license questionsupport23 May
      • Re: license questionWarren Young23 May
        • Re: license questionsupport23 May