List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:support Date:May 22 2008 7:52pm
Subject:license question
View as plain text
Sorry I know this comes up alot. I'm never clear on LGPL.

I'm evaluating mysql++ and I would like to create a closed source app
using it. Likely it would stay in house but we need to be able to
distribute it in the future if we should decide to do so. As long as we
link dynamically, this is possible, correct?

Can we distribute the mysql++ .dll/.so binary with our application? If
not, what is a user supposed to do? Come to your website and build it
for themselves?

Same question for the mysql C api .dll/.so..? AFAIK the only way to get
it is to install mysql. I can't have every user downloading and
installing mysql server just to get a .dll.

thanks
john
Thread
license questionsupport22 May
  • Re: license questionWarren Young22 May
    • Re: license questionsupport23 May
      • Re: license questionWarren Young23 May
        • Re: license questionsupport23 May