List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sharpminded Gmail Date:May 14 2008 8:28am
Subject:LIBMYSQL.dll missing when running examples
View as plain text
Hello,

I have built MySQL++ v.3.0.3 on Windows XP with MinGW and I have
stricly followed the (great ;) user manual, README.txt,
README-MinGW.txt and README-examples.txt instructions. All works
really fine.

But trying to run  "exrun.bat resetdb -u mydbuser -p nunyabinness"
makes an errors occurs.
The error message box is telling :
(in French)
"resetdb.exe Composant introuvable"
"Cette application n'a pas pu démarrer car LIBMYSQL.dll est
introuvable. La réinstallation de cette application peut corriger ce
problème."
(in English, more or less)
"resetdb.exe Unavailable [or missing ?] component"
"This application can't be started because LIBMYSQL.dll is missing.
The reinstallation of this application can solve this problem."

I then try to run  "install.bat bin" to fix it but without any effect...
Do I miss something in the doc (I REALLY followed it step by step
but...) ? Some help would be really appreciated...
Regards,

sharpminded (not that much this days...)

ps : here is my cmd history
[create C:\mysql++\]
[copy the content of mysql++-3.0.3.tar.gz in it]
>cd C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\lib\opt
>dlltool -k -d c:\mysql++\libmysqlclient.def -l libmysqlclient.a
>cd "c:\mysql++"
>mingw32-make -f Makefile.mingw
>exrun.bat resetdb.exe -u root -p "N0 P4s4r4n !"
Thread
LIBMYSQL.dll missing when running examplesSharpminded Gmail14 May
  • Re: LIBMYSQL.dll missing when running examplesWarren Young14 May
  • RE: LIBMYSQL.dll missing when running examplesIan Daysh16 May
    • Re: LIBMYSQL.dll missing when running examplesSharpminded Gmail16 May