List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rick Gutleber Date:May 1 2008 10:02pm
Subject:What's up with uint64_t
View as plain text
Hello all:

So I recently started migrating my app to mysql++ 3.0 from 2.3 and I'm
having a really weird little problem.

The compiler is choking on the few places in my code where I'm using
uint64_t.  Now I'm building on a RedHat Enterprise 3 machine using gcc
3.2.3, which has <stdint.h>, and furthermore it only has problems with
uint64_t and not, say, int64_t.  The compiler is choking everywhere I
use that typedef, complaining about a syntax error, as if "uint64_t" had
been _undefined_ by the mysql++ headers.  Explicitly including
<stdint.h> in different places among the list of header files makes no
change (nor would I really expect it to).

I'm really puzzled as to what might be the problem here, since according
to the "integer type mess" thread from a couple months ago, I wouldn't
expect to have a problem, and definitely wouldn't expect a problem with
only one of whole series of typedefs that exists outside of mysql++.
It's probably something really simple, but I'm hoping someone has
figured out what it is, because I'm stumped.

Thanks,

Rick

Thread
What's up with uint64_tRick Gutleber2 May
  • Re: What's up with uint64_tWarren Young2 May
    • Re: What's up with uint64_tRick Gutleber2 May
  • Re: What's up with uint64_tJonathan Wakely3 May
    • Re: What's up with uint64_tRick Gutleber5 May