List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Kolbo Date:April 26 2008 2:11pm
Subject:Re: mingw32-make: *** [mysqlpp_beemutex.o] Error 2
View as plain text
Hello,

The sh.exe in the PATH variable was indeed the culprit.  Even though the
path to sh.exe was after the g++ compiler in the PATH, it still was
ostensibly causing problems.

I compiled mysql++, ran two of the examples, and got my own code working.

I had to copy mysqlpp.dll into my system32 folder, is this what is meant
by the following warning:
WARNING: I assume you built a debug version of the library, as that
is what you get with MinGW unless you make a special effort.  You
must do a manual install if you make a release version.

Othewise, I don't quite understand the difference between a release
version and a debug version.

thanks,
dank

Warren Young wrote:
> On Apr 24, 2008, at 5:04 PM, Daniel Kolbo wrote:
>
>> I installed a stand alone MinGW, changed the PATH variable to include
>> this installation before the codeblock's mingw installation.  I get
>> the same error.
>
> Is there an sh.exe somewhere on your system, particularly in the
> PATH?  If so, it will cause havoc; change the PATH or move it out of
> the way.  This can happen if you have Cygwin or MSYS installed.  It
> can potentially affect you with other similar Unix emulation
> environments, too.
>
> I just retested the MinGW build on a system that has never seen MinGW
> (or Cygwin or MSYS, for that matter) and it builds fine.
>
>> is it supposed to be this difficult to get c++ to talk with mysql?
>
> Only with MinGW. ;)
>
> You'll find the sailing is smoother with either VC++ Express or Linux,
> both of which are free, to varying degrees.

Thread
mingw32-make: *** [mysqlpp_beemutex.o] Error 2Daniel Kolbo18 Apr
  • Re: mingw32-make: *** [mysqlpp_beemutex.o] Error 2Warren Young21 Apr
    • Re: mingw32-make: *** [mysqlpp_beemutex.o] Error 2Warren Young21 Apr
    • Re: mingw32-make: *** [mysqlpp_beemutex.o] Error 2Daniel Kolbo21 Apr
      • Re: mingw32-make: *** [mysqlpp_beemutex.o] Error 2Warren Young21 Apr
        • Re: mingw32-make: *** [mysqlpp_beemutex.o] Error 2Daniel Kolbo25 Apr
          • Re: mingw32-make: *** [mysqlpp_beemutex.o] Error 2Warren Young25 Apr
            • Re: mingw32-make: *** [mysqlpp_beemutex.o] Error 2Daniel Kolbo26 Apr
              • Re: mingw32-make: *** [mysqlpp_beemutex.o] Error 2Warren Young27 Apr