List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:April 21 2008 2:38pm
Subject:Re: TypeInfo Lookup failure
View as plain text
Steven Van Ingelgem wrote:
> That was for v3.0.1 & v3.0.0...

Oh.  In that case, try switching to one of the new types defined in
lib/sql_types.h.  my_ulonglong is a MySQL specific type, used for its
own C API, not really something meant to map to the SQL type system.
Its meaning changes depending on the platform, not a desirable behavior,
which is probably why I removed support for it.

If you still feel MySQL++ needs to support something compatible with
my_ulonglong, I'll need a SQL-oriented justification.  The current data
type handling system is pretty hairy -- less so in 3.x, but still hairy
-- and adding support to it for every arbitrary data type has to be done
by hand, increasing the code's hirsuteness.  To justify that, I need a
case where useful SQL can't be done without this type.
Thread
TypeInfo Lookup failureSteven Van Ingelgem13 Apr
  • Re: TypeInfo Lookup failureWarren Young13 Apr
    • Re: TypeInfo Lookup failureSteven Van Ingelgem13 Apr
      • Re: TypeInfo Lookup failureWarren Young21 Apr
        • Re: TypeInfo Lookup failureSteven Van Ingelgem21 Apr
          • Re: TypeInfo Lookup failureWarren Young21 Apr