List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tom Moers Date:April 21 2008 7:56am
Subject:Re: 3.0.2 error reporting with store()
View as plain text
Tom Moers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded to version 3.0.2 and I'm having
> a problem with error reporting when I execute a query
> with store that fails. If, for example, I execute a
> query with a syntax error, no exception is thrown.
>
> To make sure that the issue isn't on my side, I tried
> adding the following to the resetdb example, right
> under the '// Report success' comment:
>   query.store("SELECT * FROM stock WHEREnum = 0");
>
> Is this intended behaviour?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Tom

Hi,

Anyone? It's been a week since I posted this?
Can anyone please confirm?

I'll restate my problem in case it wasn't clear.
Syntax errors in queries do not cause store() to
throw an exception which it did in version 2.x.
For example, the following line successfully
executes when added to the resetdb example and
does not throw an example as I would expect:
   query.store("SEL * FROM stock WHEREnum = 0");

Is this a problem in the new version of mysqlpp
or am I doing something wrong here?

Best regards,

Tom Moers
Thread
3.0.2 error reporting with store()Tom Moers16 Apr
  • Re: 3.0.2 error reporting with store()Tom Moers21 Apr
    • Re: 3.0.2 error reporting with store()Warren Young21 Apr
      • Re: 3.0.2 error reporting with store()Tom Moers21 Apr
      • Re: 3.0.2 error reporting with store()Jim20 Jul