List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ie Siong Fat Date:April 16 2008 7:59am
Subject:Re: thread safe in red hat enterprise 5
View as plain text
>Since you know MySQL++ itself is built with thread awareness, it means
>you're not linking to a thread-aware build of the MySQL C API library.
>Both have to be thread aware for thread safety to be achievable.

>Read this section in the user manual:

>       http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/doc/html/userman/threads.html

Ive read the readme.unix about build mysql++ with thread aware, I put the
section below:
--enable-thread-check:
Builds MySQL++ with threads support, if possible.
This option simply turns on two tests:
- first, that your system uses a compatible threading library;
- and second, that the thread-safe version of the MySQL C API library
(libmysqlclient_r) is installed and working.
If both of these are true, you get a thread-aware version of MySQL++.
"Thread-aware" means that the library does make an effort to prevent
problems, but we don't guarantee that all possible uses of MySQL++  are
thread-safe.

From configure I got the result:
checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work without any flags... no
checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... no
checking for the pthreads library -llthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... yes
checking for joinable pthread attribute... PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE
checking if more special flags are required for pthreads... no
checking for mysql_store_result in -lmysqlclient_r... yes
checking for mysql_ssl_set in -lmysqlclient_r... yes

So I concluded that mysql is support thread aware but not with threading
library and this is why I asked what I must do to make my system support
thread aware. Can someone explain to me ?

Thread
thread safe in red hat enterprise 5Ie Siong Fat11 Apr
  • Re: thread safe in red hat enterprise 5Warren Young11 Apr
  • Re: thread safe in red hat enterprise 5Jonathan Wakely12 Apr
    • Re: thread safe in red hat enterprise 5Ie Siong Fat16 Apr
      • Re: thread safe in red hat enterprise 5Jonathan Wakely16 Apr
Re: thread safe in red hat enterprise 5Ie Siong Fat17 Apr