List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ie Siong Fat Date:April 11 2008 3:58am
Subject:thread safe in red hat enterprise 5
View as plain text
On 11/04/2008 Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> > Hi, I build 3 application with threads. Sometimes my program crash and
> print
> >  error *glibc detected ... double free or corruption. *
>
> >>This usually indicates a bug in your program.
> >> Try running with MALLOC_CHECK_=3 set in the program's environment and
> >>examine the stack trace where it fails. Something in the program is
> >>corrupting the heap.

  Is MALLOCK_CHECK_=3 can debug application that run in the background ???

> >  I read in documentation that mysql++ can be built with thread safe. So
> I try
> >  to configure in my redhat then print
> >  checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
> >  checking whether pthreads work without any flags... no
> >  checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... no
> >  checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... no
> >  checking for the pthreads library -llthread... no
> >  checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... yes
>
> >>This last line means thread support was found.

   Ok with the same result above from configure I try run the simple test
with mysql++ 3.0.1 using mysqlpp::Connection::thread_aware() and the result
is my system not thread safe. Can u explain

Thread
thread safe in red hat enterprise 5Ie Siong Fat11 Apr
  • Re: thread safe in red hat enterprise 5Warren Young11 Apr
  • Re: thread safe in red hat enterprise 5Jonathan Wakely12 Apr
    • Re: thread safe in red hat enterprise 5Ie Siong Fat16 Apr
      • Re: thread safe in red hat enterprise 5Jonathan Wakely16 Apr
Re: thread safe in red hat enterprise 5Ie Siong Fat17 Apr