List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:April 5 2008 9:31pm
Subject:Re: Building MySQL++: mysql++.lib not found
View as plain text
André Hänsel wrote:

> I'm trying to build an old project against MySQL++ 2.3.2 in Visual C++ 2005.
>
> Both MySQL++ and my program compile fine but the linker throws this error:
> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "mysql++.lib"
>
> Indeed there is no such file, just "mysqlpp.lib". Renaming this to
> mysql++.lib gives unresolved symbols.

The MySQL++ DLL and import library have been called mysqlpp.* for a long
time now.  Instead of renaming what's built, change your project to use
the current names.

If you still get unresolved symbols, make sure you're using the current
builds and not some old thing laying around in your PATH, that you're
building against the right headers, and that you aren't mixing release
and debug versions of libraries.
Thread
Building MySQL++: mysql++.lib not foundAndré Hänsel4 Apr
  • Re: Building MySQL++: mysql++.lib not foundWarren Young5 Apr