List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:April 3 2008 12:06am
Subject:Re: Using text box data for query input
View as plain text
Alex Boyer wrote:
> My preference would be not to have to use .NET since I don't want to
> have to bother other users with installing it as a prerequisite.

That's increasingly becoming a non-issue.  It's in every Vista install,
lots of other programs now depend on it, MS pushes it at you whenever
you go to Windows Update...

> I'm using the express edition which doesn't include MFC... :(
>
> It's in the budget, so maybe I'll hold off on this project until I've
> got the real stuff.

If you're set on using all native code, why not use wxWidgets?  It's
every bit as capable as MFC, has a better design, isn't an evolutionary
dead end, is cross-platform, and is free software.

Mind, I think .NET and Windows Forms is even better... :)

> I'm getting a different error when using the c_str() function:

System::String doesn't have c_str().
Thread
Using text box data for query inputAlex Boyer2 Apr
  • Re: Using text box data for query inputDave Byington2 Apr
    • Re: Using text box data for query inputDave Byington2 Apr
  • Re: Using text box data for query inputWarren Young3 Apr
RE: Using text box data for query inputDale Stewart2 Apr
  • RE: Using text box data for query inputAlex Boyer2 Apr
    • Re: Using text box data for query inputWarren Young3 Apr