List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alex Boyer Date:April 2 2008 3:12pm
Subject:RE: Using text box data for query input
View as plain text
My preference would be not to have to use .NET since I don't want to
have to bother other users with installing it as a prerequisite. As it
is, I'm using the express edition which doesn't include MFC... :(

It's in the budget, so maybe I'll hold off on this project until I've
got the real stuff.

I'm getting a different error when using the c_str() function:

Query:
query << "select * FROM hpiImages WHERE partNo = '" <<
textBox1->Text.c_str() << "' LIMIT 1";

Error:
error C2228: left of '.c_str' must have class/struct/union

I'm researching this elsewhere as well right but if anyone has an idea
about this one, I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks again!

Alex

Disclaimer:
This email is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected by work product
immunity or other legal rules. It is intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, saving or copying of any of its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this in error please let us know by email reply, then delete this email from
your computer system. You may not take any other action in reliance on this email.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Hobby Products International, Inc.
Thread
Using text box data for query inputAlex Boyer2 Apr
  • Re: Using text box data for query inputDave Byington2 Apr
    • Re: Using text box data for query inputDave Byington2 Apr
  • Re: Using text box data for query inputWarren Young3 Apr
RE: Using text box data for query inputDale Stewart2 Apr
  • RE: Using text box data for query inputAlex Boyer2 Apr
    • Re: Using text box data for query inputWarren Young3 Apr