List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dale Stewart Date:April 2 2008 3:05pm
Subject:RE: Using text box data for query input
View as plain text
I may be wrong, but I don't think that MySQL++ is set up to work with
data types from the .NET CLR.  You are using managed C++ here, which is
not standard C++.  There may be some interoperability that will allow
this to work, but you may have fewer hurdles using unmanaged C++ with
MFC, rather than using Windows Forms, to implement your GUI.  Otherwise,
there is probably some conversion from System::String to a standard "C"
string that will help you work around this.  Unfortunately, I am not
well versed enough in .NET to tell you how to go about that.  A quick
search turns up this article, which may be useful:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311259

Thanks,
Dale Stewart