List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Byington Date:April 2 2008 2:49pm
Subject:Re: Using text box data for query input
View as plain text
or maybe something like

query << "SELECT * FROM hpiImages WHERE partNo = '" <<
textBox1->Text << "' LIMIT 1";

query << "SELECT * FROM hpiImages WHERE partNo = '\"" << textBox1->Text
.c_str() << "\"LIMIT 1";

On 4/2/08, Dave Byington <davebyington@stripped> wrote:

> I'm not sure what system your working with but I think it takes a c style
> string. Try something like
>
> textBox1->Text .c_str()
>

> On 4/2/08, Alex Boyer <aboyer@stripped> wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I thought this would be pretty straight forward, but I've tried several
> > different methods, none of which have worked for me.  I'm trying to run
> > a query where the search parameters come from a text box.
> >
> > Code:
> > =======================================
> > mysqlpp::Connection conn(false);
> >
> > if(conn.connect("database", "server", "username", "password"))
> > {
> >    mysqlpp::Query query = conn.query();
> >    query << "SELECT * FROM hpiImages WHERE partNo = '" <<
> > textBox1->Text << "' LIMIT 1";
> >    mysqlpp::StoreQueryResult res = query.store();
> >    mysqlpp::Row row;
> >
> >    if(res)
> >    {
> >        row = res.at(0);
> >        pictureBox1->ImageLocation::set(gcnew String(row.at(2)));
> >    }
> >    else
> >    {
> >
> >    }
> >
> > }
> > =======================================
> >

> > Error:
> > error C2679: binary '<<' : no operator found which takes a right-hand
> > operand of type 'System::String ^' (or there is no acceptable
> > conversion)
> >
> > Sorry if this is a noobish question...  It sure seems like it.

> > Disclaimer:
> > This email is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected
> > by work product immunity or other legal rules. It is intended solely for the
> > use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
> > recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that
> > any use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing, saving or copying
> > of any of its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in
> > error please let us know by email reply, then delete this email from your
> > computer system. You may not take any other action in reliance on this
> > email.
> > Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
> > not necessarily represent those of Hobby Products International, Inc.

Thread
Using text box data for query inputAlex Boyer2 Apr
  • Re: Using text box data for query inputDave Byington2 Apr
    • Re: Using text box data for query inputDave Byington2 Apr
  • Re: Using text box data for query inputWarren Young3 Apr
RE: Using text box data for query inputDale Stewart2 Apr
  • RE: Using text box data for query inputAlex Boyer2 Apr
    • Re: Using text box data for query inputWarren Young3 Apr