List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Byington Date:April 2 2008 2:46pm
Subject:Re: Using text box data for query input
View as plain text
I'm not sure what system your working with but I think it takes a c style
string. Try something like

textBox1->Text .c_str()

On 4/2/08, Alex Boyer <aboyer@stripped> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I thought this would be pretty straight forward, but I've tried several
> different methods, none of which have worked for me.  I'm trying to run
> a query where the search parameters come from a text box.
>
> Code:
> =======================================
> mysqlpp::Connection conn(false);
>
> if(conn.connect("database", "server", "username", "password"))
> {
>    mysqlpp::Query query = conn.query();
>    query << "SELECT * FROM hpiImages WHERE partNo = '" <<
> textBox1->Text << "' LIMIT 1";
>    mysqlpp::StoreQueryResult res = query.store();
>    mysqlpp::Row row;
>
>    if(res)
>    {
>        row = res.at(0);
>        pictureBox1->ImageLocation::set(gcnew String(row.at(2)));
>    }
>    else
>    {
>
>    }
>
> }
> =======================================
>

> Error:
> error C2679: binary '<<' : no operator found which takes a right-hand
> operand of type 'System::String ^' (or there is no acceptable
> conversion)
>
> Sorry if this is a noobish question...  It sure seems like it.

> Disclaimer:
> This email is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected by
> work product immunity or other legal rules. It is intended solely for the
> use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
> recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that
> any use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing, saving or copying
> of any of its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in
> error please let us know by email reply, then delete this email from your
> computer system. You may not take any other action in reliance on this
> email.
> Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not
> necessarily represent those of Hobby Products International, Inc.

Thread
Using text box data for query inputAlex Boyer2 Apr
  • Re: Using text box data for query inputDave Byington2 Apr
    • Re: Using text box data for query inputDave Byington2 Apr
  • Re: Using text box data for query inputWarren Young3 Apr
RE: Using text box data for query inputDale Stewart2 Apr
  • RE: Using text box data for query inputAlex Boyer2 Apr
    • Re: Using text box data for query inputWarren Young3 Apr