List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alex Boyer Date:April 2 2008 2:36pm
Subject:Using text box data for query input
View as plain text
Hey all,

I thought this would be pretty straight forward, but I've tried several
different methods, none of which have worked for me.  I'm trying to run
a query where the search parameters come from a text box.

Code:
=======================================
mysqlpp::Connection conn(false);

if(conn.connect("database", "server", "username", "password"))
{
    mysqlpp::Query query = conn.query();
    query << "SELECT * FROM hpiImages WHERE partNo = '" <<
textBox1->Text << "' LIMIT 1";
    mysqlpp::StoreQueryResult res = query.store();
    mysqlpp::Row row;

    if(res)
    {
        row = res.at(0);
        pictureBox1->ImageLocation::set(gcnew String(row.at(2)));
    }
    else
    {

    }

}
=======================================

Error:
error C2679: binary '<<' : no operator found which takes a right-hand
operand of type 'System::String ^' (or there is no acceptable
conversion)

Sorry if this is a noobish question...  It sure seems like it.

Disclaimer:
This email is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected by work product
immunity or other legal rules. It is intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, saving or copying of any of its contents is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this in error please let us know by email reply, then delete this email from
your computer system. You may not take any other action in reliance on this email.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Hobby Products International, Inc.

Thread
Using text box data for query inputAlex Boyer2 Apr
  • Re: Using text box data for query inputDave Byington2 Apr
    • Re: Using text box data for query inputDave Byington2 Apr
  • Re: Using text box data for query inputWarren Young3 Apr
RE: Using text box data for query inputDale Stewart2 Apr
  • RE: Using text box data for query inputAlex Boyer2 Apr
    • Re: Using text box data for query inputWarren Young3 Apr