List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:April 2 2008 12:03am
Subject:Re: Loss of float precision
View as plain text
Dave Bailey wrote:
> If you view the raw file and look for the definition of
>
> Item_func_ieee754_to_string::val_str(String *str)
>
> the comment specifies that 17 digits of precision are needed for double.
> It is also true that 9 digits are needed for single precision.  I didn't
> believe
> it, but I tested it once with every possible value of a single precision
> float
> and found that there were cases where 8 digits was not enough to support
> a lossless conversion from float to string and back.

Well, OK... :)  The patch is in svn now.
Thread
RELEASE: v3.0.1Warren Young25 Mar
  • Loss of float precisionJim Wallace1 Apr
    • Re: Loss of float precisionWarren Young2 Apr
      • Re: Loss of float precisionDave Bailey2 Apr
        • Re: Loss of float precisionWarren Young2 Apr
          • RE: Loss of float precisionJim Wallace2 Apr
            • Re: Loss of float precisionWarren Young2 Apr