List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 24 2008 11:25pm
Subject:Re: "mysql_thread_end()" does not remove VS report of memory leak
View as plain text
Dan Nissenbaum wrote:

> In Debug mode, VS 2005 reports a memory leak from the following simple
> application that links to "mysqlpp.lib" and "libmysql.lib":
>
> #include "mysql++.h"
> using namespace mysqlpp;
> int _tmain(int argc, TCHAR* argv[], TCHAR* envp[])
> {
>   return 0;
> }
>
> I included "mysql_thread_end()", as suggested on the MySQL++ home page,
> but the memory leak does not go away.  I am linking to the release
> version of "libmysql.lib" - could that be it?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  I've tried various ways
several times to try and reproduce this, with about a week or two in
between each attempt.  In the most recent attempt, I tried this exact
code with MySQL++ 3.0.1, MySQL Server 5.0.27, and Visual C++ 2008...it
runs without complaint, and no warnings in the debug log.

You're welcome to pack up a project that shows this and send it to me.
But, try MySQL++ 3.0.1 first, just in case something got fixed in it.
Thread
"mysql_thread_end()" does not remove VS report of memory leakDan Nissenbaum24 Feb
  • Re: "mysql_thread_end()" does not remove VS report of memory leakWarren Young25 Mar