List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 7 2008 4:32pm
Subject:Re: thread_start
View as plain text
Tom Moers wrote:

>    "If your program’s connection-management strategy
> allows a thread to use a Connection object that another
> thread created, you must call Connection::thread_start()
> from these threads before they do anything with MySQL++."

That can probably use clarification.

> I know it's maybe too late, but may I suggest moving
> these thread_x to the mysqlpp namespace ?

Doesn't work.  Connection owns the DBDriver instance, and we do need
that, to abstract away the difference between database servers.  Right
now, we only support MySQL, but one day, we might want to open two
connections, each to a different server.  A call to thread_start() on
each will necessarily do something different, and it's the DBDriver that
offers those different facilities.
Thread
thread_startTom Moers6 Mar
  • Re: thread_startWarren Young7 Mar