List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:António Santos Date:March 6 2008 2:32pm
Subject:Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different port
View as plain text

>> I really don't know what is going on since if I use the C API
>> directly, everything works ok...
>

> The examples accept a port parameter.  Does that work?
>
> Is there a my.cnf or similar setting somewhere forcing the port number?

I tried to compile the "simple1" example and I set the port in the
command line parameter. I even print it out right before the:

con.connect(kdb, argv[1], argv[2], argv[3], atoi(argv[4]));

statement to be sure it is trying to connect to the specified port.
Amazingly, no matter what port number I use, it always connect! This
means that internally it is using the default port 3306.
I do not have any port parameter in my.cnf.
I use a Fedora Core 6 system and I installed mysql++ using yum.

Thanks!

António Santos

Thread
Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portAntónio Santos27 Feb
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young28 Feb
    • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWilliam F. Dowling29 Feb
Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portAntónio Santos28 Feb
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young28 Feb
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young28 Feb
Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portAntónio Santos29 Feb
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young29 Feb
Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portAntónio Santos6 Mar
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young7 Mar