List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 4 2008 5:16am
Subject:Re: insert ssqls
View as plain text
Andrej van der Zee wrote:
> No roadmap?

I suppose the Wishlist is a sort of road map, just lacking a scale.

> Sounds like a fun job ;)

There's plenty of detail about what I want to see in the Wishlist and in
the mail message linked from it:

	http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/mysqlpp/trunk/Wishlist
	http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus/6929

Be warned: the last guy who tried to do SSQLSv2 gave up in frustration.

I'm going to be pretty demanding about what I'm willing to accept on
this, because I don't want to do this again.  It needs to be a clear
upgrade, while avoiding the dreaded second system syndrome.  It needs to
be flexible enough to express everything you can currently plus those
things we've seen that we also want to be able to express.  Because it's
a DSL that will be rarely used, and read far more often than written,
the syntax must be clear, concise, and unambiguous.  It must avoid the
AppleScript trap: code that's quite readable, but in a syntax so rich
and flexible that learning to write it is as difficult as mastering the
average application framework.  Its power and extensibility has to come
from standard C++ mechanisms, not special features in the DSL itself or
in-DSL extensibility.
Thread
insert ssqlsBart Verstraete2 Mar
  • Re: insert ssqlsWarren Young4 Mar