List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 4 2008 3:05am
Subject:Re: Packaging improvement - Devhelp integration.
View as plain text
Remi Collet wrote:

> It just a "first" work.

I can't really help you much with this because, while I do primarily use
MySQL++ on Linux, it's always via ssh.  I rarely see a GNOME screen,
much less work in one.

Because I'm not likely to help you iterate this into an acceptable
shape, I'd rather see this in a more complete form before accepting it.

> I think having a tree (left panel) with classes or members will be great
> but this require docbook/xsl/xsltproc skills that i miss...

I can answer the DocBook questions or direct you to good sources, if you
can formulate them.  If you don't even know what questions to ask, well,
see above. :)

> === For %install
> +# DevHelp stuff
> +%{__mkdir_p} %{buildroot}%{_datadir}/devhelp/books/%{name}
> +%{__install} -m644 %{SOURCE1}
> %{buildroot}%{_datadir}/devhelp/books/%{name}/%{name}.devhelp
> +%{__cp} -r doc/html/userman
> %{buildroot}%{_datadir}/devhelp/books/%{name}/userman
> +%{__cp} -r doc/html/refman
> %{buildroot}%{_datadir}/devhelp/books/%{name}/refman
> +
>
> === For %files
>  %files manuals
>  %defattr(-,root,root,-)
> -%doc doc/pdf doc/html doc/README-manuals-RPM.txt
> +%doc doc/pdf/* doc/README-manuals-RPM.txt
> +%{_datadir}/devhelp/books/%{name}

I'd rather the HTML be available at its current location in addition to
the devhelp path.  You can do this with a symlink.  It doesn't greatly
matter to me whether the HTML actually lives under the regular doc dir
or under the devhelp dir, but given a choice, I'd keep it where it is
now and make the devhelp location the symlink.
Thread
Packaging improvement - Devhelp integration.Remi Collet1 Mar
  • Re: Packaging improvement - Devhelp integration.Warren Young4 Mar