List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:António Santos Date:February 29 2008 9:28am
Subject:Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different port
View as plain text
Hi Warren,

>> if (!conn.connect("wgwps", "127.0.0.1", "ans", "bns", 4040))
>>
> The address may be the problem.  The C API recognizes special
> addresses like this and can interpret them oddly.  Try "localhost"
> instead.

I tried with "localhost" and it is still connecting to 3306...

>>  perror("Connection::connect");
>
> By the way, this isn't the best way to handle MySQL++ errors.  In
> this instance, what perror appends to your string will only be
> correct if the connection failure is due to an error return from a
> system call.  If something else goes wrong, such as the server
> rejecting your login parameters, it will tell you something like "no
> error" because the last system call to run probably succeeded.
>
> Far better is to either a) enable exceptions, getting the error
> message from the exception object; or b) call either Query::error()
> or Connection::error() (same thing) to get the error message.

Yeah, I know that. This is not my final code, just a snippet to test
this issue. Thanks for the advice!
I really don't know what is going on since if I use the C API
directly, everything works ok...

Thanks,

António Santos

Thread
Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portAntónio Santos27 Feb
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young28 Feb
    • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWilliam F. Dowling29 Feb
Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portAntónio Santos28 Feb
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young28 Feb
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young28 Feb
Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portAntónio Santos29 Feb
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young29 Feb
Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portAntónio Santos6 Mar
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young7 Mar