List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:António Santos Date:February 28 2008 2:45pm
Subject:Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different port
View as plain text

>> I've been using Connection::connect() to connect to my MySQL 4.1
>> server but I wanted it to use a different port than the default
>> 3306. However, even if I change the port parameter, mysql++
>> continues to use the default 3306!!
>
> MySQL++ 2.3.2 passes that value directly to the C API, so any
> problem is likely in the way you call the function, not in MySQL++.
> Please post your connect() call code.

Here it is:

mysqlpp::Connection conn = mysql::Connection(false);
if (!conn.connect("wgwps", "127.0.0.1", "ans", "bns", 4040))
{
    perror("Connection::connect");
    return 1;
}

I set the port to 4040, but it continues to connect to 3306. I tried
with MySQL C API directly and this issue didn't happen.

Thanks!

António Santos

Thread
Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portAntónio Santos27 Feb
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young28 Feb
    • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWilliam F. Dowling29 Feb
Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portAntónio Santos28 Feb
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young28 Feb
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young28 Feb
Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portAntónio Santos29 Feb
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young29 Feb
Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portAntónio Santos6 Mar
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young7 Mar