List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:February 28 2008 2:13am
Subject:Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different port
View as plain text
António Santos wrote:

> I've been using Connection::connect() to connect to my MySQL 4.1 server
> but I wanted it to use a different port than the default 3306. However,
> even if I change the port parameter, mysql++ continues to use the
> default 3306!!

MySQL++ 2.3.2 passes that value directly to the C API, so any problem is
likely in the way you call the function, not in MySQL++.  Please post
your connect() call code.

Connecting on an alternate port has been tested in v3 and is known to
work correctly.  Although upgrading to v3 shouldn't be necessary (v2
should also work), it may be worthwhile anyway.  Since you want to use a
port number to connect to MySQL++, the new, simpler TCPConnection
interface might be interesting to you:

http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/test/doc/refman/classmysqlpp_1_1TCPConnection.html

The simpler interface prevents some incorrect calling possibilities,
which is what I suspect you're running into with v2.
Thread
Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portAntónio Santos27 Feb
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young28 Feb
    • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWilliam F. Dowling29 Feb
Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portAntónio Santos28 Feb
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young28 Feb
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young28 Feb
Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portAntónio Santos29 Feb
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young29 Feb
Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portAntónio Santos6 Mar
  • Re: Strange behavior of connect() when specifying a different portWarren Young7 Mar