List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:February 12 2008 2:56am
Subject:Re: RFC: What to do about the integer type mess?
View as plain text
Warren Young wrote:

> Would the attached patch be a problem?

And the answer is, "yes".

Turns out, Microsoft *still* doesn't ship stdint.h.  Not even with
Visual C++ 2008.  Typical...  I guess this affects MinGW as well?

I found a few third-party implementations, but they're all licensed as
BSD-with-attribution, which is incompatible with LGPL.  Even if it
weren't, I couldn't presume to make a decision like that which would
force others to modify their documentation on MySQL++'s behalf.

So, I'm going to reinvent this wheel by using stdint.h by default, and
falling back to the old way when common.h detects a system it knows
doesn't have it.  It's essentially the same situation we have now with
NO_LONG_LONGS.
Thread
RFC: What to do about the integer type mess?Warren Young8 Feb
  • Re: RFC: What to do about the integer type mess?Chris Morgan8 Feb
    • Re: RFC: What to do about the integer type mess?Warren Young8 Feb
  • Re: RFC: What to do about the integer type mess?Andrew Sayers8 Feb
  • Re: RFC: What to do about the integer type mess?Jonathan Wakely8 Feb
  • Re: RFC: What to do about the integer type mess?Warren Young12 Feb
    • Re: RFC: What to do about the integer type mess?Warren Young12 Feb