List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas Werth Date:February 11 2008 7:08am
Subject:Re: possible bug in rc3 ?
View as plain text
> Doesn't matter.  You passed 'false' to the Connection ctor, which
> disables all optional exceptions in it and any children it creates that
> can throw optional exceptions.  Thus, the only way MySQL++ can signal
> most errors -- including option setting errors -- is with return codes.

oh, i'm sorry i didn't mention this, of course i changed code to
mysqlpp::Connection conn(true);

>> if ( !conn.set_option(
>
> Okay, this tells us that set_option() isn't encountering an error, which
> means the MySQL C API has accepted the SSL parameters without complaint.
>  This means it probably isn't MySQL++'s fault, and that changing to
> v2.3.2 will show the same problem.

right, a short test in v 2.3.2 shows same error msg

>> For additional info i used ssl key setup from
>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/secure-create-certs.html
>> and mysql from xamp.
>
> Thanks for the pointer.  I haven't actually tested this feature of
> MySQL++ -- I added it, but it scratches someone else's itch -- so this
> will help if I decide I need to set this up for testing.

So maybe there's something wrong in setting up mysql
As said keys are created from tutorial and my.cnf is extended by

[client]
ssl-ca		= "absoultePathTo\mycerts\ca-cert.pem"
ssl-cert	= "absoultePathTo\mycerts\client-cert.pem"
ssl-key		= "absoultePathTo\mycerts\client-key.pem"

[mysqld]
ssl-ca		= "absoultePathTo\mycerts\ca-cert.pem"
ssl-cert	= "absoultePathTo\mycerts\server-cert.pem"
ssl-key		= "absoultePathTo\mycerts\server-key.pem"

Formatting path to /absoultePathWithoutRootLeeter/..., didn't help either.
Any hint is welcome.

Thomas
Thread
possible bug in rc3 ?Thomas Werth7 Feb
  • Re: possible bug in rc3 ?Warren Young7 Feb
    • Re: possible bug in rc3 ?Thomas Werth8 Feb
      • Re: possible bug in rc3 ?Warren Young9 Feb
        • Re: possible bug in rc3 ?Thomas Werth11 Feb
          • Re: possible bug in rc3 ?Thomas Werth11 Feb
            • Re: possible bug in rc3 ?Warren Young12 Feb
              • Re: possible bug in rc3 ?Thomas Werth12 Feb