List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:February 9 2008 1:05am
Subject:Re: possible bug in rc3 ?
View as plain text
Thomas Werth wrote:
>> You have exceptions turned off and don't show that you're checking for
>> error codes.  How do you know that the option was set successfully?
>>
> All code is surronded by try block ending with
> catch ( std::exception &e )
>     {
>         cerr << e.what();
>     }

Doesn't matter.  You passed 'false' to the Connection ctor, which
disables all optional exceptions in it and any children it creates that
can throw optional exceptions.  Thus, the only way MySQL++ can signal
most errors -- including option setting errors -- is with return codes.

> if ( !conn.set_option(

Okay, this tells us that set_option() isn't encountering an error, which
means the MySQL C API has accepted the SSL parameters without complaint.
  This means it probably isn't MySQL++'s fault, and that changing to
v2.3.2 will show the same problem.

It also means enabling exceptions won't help.  I included the previous
comments for your information only, because you seem a little fuzzy on
this.  You can't catch exceptions that don't get thrown. :)

> For additional info i used ssl key setup from
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/secure-create-certs.html
> and mysql from xamp.

Thanks for the pointer.  I haven't actually tested this feature of
MySQL++ -- I added it, but it scratches someone else's itch -- so this
will help if I decide I need to set this up for testing.
Thread
possible bug in rc3 ?Thomas Werth7 Feb
  • Re: possible bug in rc3 ?Warren Young7 Feb
    • Re: possible bug in rc3 ?Thomas Werth8 Feb
      • Re: possible bug in rc3 ?Warren Young9 Feb
        • Re: possible bug in rc3 ?Thomas Werth11 Feb
          • Re: possible bug in rc3 ?Thomas Werth11 Feb
            • Re: possible bug in rc3 ?Warren Young12 Feb
              • Re: possible bug in rc3 ?Thomas Werth12 Feb