List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonathan Wakely Date:February 8 2008 9:27am
Subject:Re: RFC: What to do about the integer type mess?

> 2. The typedefs in lib/sql_types.h currently assume a standard 32-bit
> x86 type system.  MySQL defines exactly how many bytes INT is, but C++
> doesn't provide the same rigid definition for int, the current type we
> use for mysqlpp::sql_int.  It all works out the same on a 32-bit PC, but
> 64-bit systems will usually make this 64-bit.  Or if they don't, then
> long int certainly is 64-bit.

All 64-bit unixes use 32-bit int and 64bit long

IIUC Win64 uses the LLP64 model, meaning long long and pointers are
64bit, ints and longs are 32bit.

So I doubt you'll find a 64-bit int anywhere that mysql++ is used.

Jon
Thread
RFC: What to do about the integer type mess?Warren Young8 Feb
  • Re: RFC: What to do about the integer type mess?Chris Morgan8 Feb
    • Re: RFC: What to do about the integer type mess?Warren Young8 Feb
  • Re: RFC: What to do about the integer type mess?Andrew Sayers8 Feb
  • Re: RFC: What to do about the integer type mess?Jonathan Wakely8 Feb
  • Re: RFC: What to do about the integer type mess?Warren Young12 Feb
    • Re: RFC: What to do about the integer type mess?Warren Young12 Feb