List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nils Woetzel Date:January 26 2008 4:51am
Subject:Re: How to set up connection string
View as plain text
Hi Alex,

this does not seem to be a problem with the mysql++ library but rather
with your project settings in visual studio.

When you just google: "general error c101008a: Failed to save the
updated manifest" you actually find people that reported that problem
with completely different projects and libraries.
Anyways, there is a forum entry I found explaining the problem and a
possible solution:
http://www.softgames.de/forum/frage121624.html
it is german - so I will try to tell you, what it says:
Essentially, it seems that your project has "use multibyte libraries"
activated in the project settings, which means that you need to write
an 'L' in front of all string literals:
con.connect( L"transpass", L"192.168.1.55", L"allpurpose", ....

but i cannot test it and do not know if it would actually work - it
might be better, if you create a new project, to switch off the use of
"unicode libraries". I am not sure if you can change your current
project properties not to use them...

I hope this helps - and probably next time a web search might save you time
Nils

On Jan 25, 2008 9:52 PM, Alexander List <atlex2@stripped> wrote:
> I want to pre-program the connection information into my system and have it
> be able to connect without having to call anything.
>
> Here was the code I was thinking of. It doesn't compile because of a
> manifest update error. I think there is a problem with the connection
> string. I researched it but couldn't find anything.
>
> Thank you for any help you can provide.
>
> Alex

> #include "util.h"
>
> #include <mysql++.h>
>
> #include <iostream>
>
> #include <iomanip>
>
> using namespace std;
>
> int main()
>
> {
>
>        cout<< "ello"; //test to make sure it gets here
>
> // Connect to the  database.
>
>        mysqlpp::Connection con(true); //setup con
>

>        con.connect("transpass", "192.168.1.55", "allpurpose",
> "**truncated**");//(DB, location, usr, pswd) connect to database on local
> network (can I specify the database w/ the first parameter?)
>
>        ^^
>
> //Error here? "general error c101008a: Failed to save the updated manifest
> to the file ".\Debug\mysql++testing.exe.embed.manifest". The parameter is
> incorrect.   mt.exe"
>
> ^^^ this is the error that I get. Am I malforming the connection?
>

>        if (!con) { //does this work?
>
>               return 1;
>
>        }
>
>        mysqlpp::Query query = con.query();
>
>        query << "select * from user";
>
>        mysqlpp::Result res = query.store();
>

>        // Display the result set
>
>        cout << "We have:" << endl;
>
>        if (res) {
>
>               mysqlpp::Row row;
>
>               mysqlpp::Row::size_type i;
>
>               for (i = 0; row = res.at(i); ++i) {
>
>                      cout << '\t' << row.at(0) << endl;
>
>               }
>
>        }
>
>        else {
>
>               cerr << "Failed to get item list: " << query.error()
> << endl;
>
>               return 1;
>
>        }
>

>        string pause;
>
>        cout<< "ello";
>
>        cin>>pause; //so program doesn't automatically close when it is
> finished
>
>        return 0;
>
> }

> Sorry for the length of the post

Thread
How to set up connection stringAlexander List26 Jan
  • Re: How to set up connection stringNils Woetzel26 Jan
    • Re: How to set up connection stringWarren Young28 Jan