List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kemin Zhou Date:January 11 2008 5:35pm
Subject:Re: query.str() not returning anything
View as plain text
Warren Young wrote:
> Kemin Zhou wrote:
>> Has anyone seen this problem?
>>
>> Query query=connection.query();
>> query << "some sql string";
>> try { query.execute(); } catch (exception &err)
>> {
>>
>> cerr << query.str() << endl << err.what() << endl;
>
> Are you using a v3.0 beta, or the current svn version?  If so, you're
> running afoul of the new auto-reset logic.  In MySQL++ v2, it was
> necessary to call Query.reset() much more often.  v3 detects many
> cases where it can do it for you.  It was a little over-aggressive,
> though, resetting the query object even when the query execution
> didn't succeed, making it hard to print info to help you debug the
> problem.
>
> I've changed it so the current svn version now only resets when the
> query succeeds.
>
> By the way, v3 now supports this syntax for showing the contents of
> the query string, when you aren't using template queries:
>
>     cerr << query << endl;

Actually I am using the version 2
/usr/lib/libmysqlpp.so.2.0.7

Kemin

Thread
query.str() not returning anythingKemin Zhou11 Jan
  • Re: query.str() not returning anythingWarren Young11 Jan
    • Re: query.str() not returning anythingKemin Zhou11 Jan
      • Re: query.str() not returning anythingWarren Young12 Jan