List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 28 2007 9:21am
Subject:Re: problems in ConnectionPool
View as plain text
Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>> On further consideration, I wonder if clear() shouldn't be overloaded,
>> with one version being protected and taking a bool "force" parameter.
>> If force, destroying in-use connections is allowed.  Else, not.
>
> Ah yes, making it public means you have to worry about that.

Okay, the resolution is that clear() is protected again and takes a bool
parameter whose default of true makes it work the way clear() does in
STL.  Then, added a public shrink() method that passes false to clear(),
making it remove only unused connections.
Thread
problems in ConnectionPoolJonathan Wakely22 Dec
  • Re: problems in ConnectionPoolJonathan Wakely22 Dec
    • Re: problems in ConnectionPoolJonathan Wakely22 Dec
  • Re: problems in ConnectionPoolWarren Young27 Dec
    • Re: problems in ConnectionPoolWarren Young27 Dec
      • Re: problems in ConnectionPoolJonathan Wakely27 Dec
        • Re: problems in ConnectionPoolWarren Young28 Dec
    • Re: problems in ConnectionPoolJonathan Wakely27 Dec
      • Re: problems in ConnectionPoolWarren Young3 Jan