List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 28 2007 7:18am
Subject:Re: a simple question:embedded server
View as plain text
??? wrote:
> Does mysql++ support embedded server?

I'm not aware of anyone who's used it successfully.  I seem to recall
someone running into trouble with it in the past -- see the archives --
but I didn't learn anything from it telling me that it can't be done.
So, the answer is "maybe".

You may want to turn on the connection option to use the embedded
server.  In 2.3, it's Connection::opt_use_embedded_connection.  It'll be
different in v3, but the principle's the same.  The default is to let
the C API library guess, which it may not do successfully.

Other than that, I don't know what special steps may be necessary beyond
linking your program to the embedded server.

Please, let us know how it works out, good, bad or ugly.
Thread
a simple question:embedded server王颖明27 Dec
  • Re: a simple question:embedded serverWarren Young28 Dec
    • Re: a simple question:embedded serverJohn Gehring28 Dec