List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonathan Wakely Date:December 27 2007 10:17pm
Subject:Re: problems in ConnectionPool
View as plain text
On 27/12/2007, Warren Young wrote:
> Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> > There are some problems with ConnectionPool:
>
> Yeah, that can happen when you release a class without ever actually
> using it. ;)  Actual use is waiting on me to get around to writing the
> "threading" example program mentioned in the Wishlist.
>
> Do you have a working pool subclass, or are these patches being done in
> vitro, the same way the class was created?

I started out like that but knocked together a very simple
test_pool.cpp with some assertions, which I used to check the basics.
I've attached it, for what it's worth.

> I've checked in a change based on your patch, with quite a lot of
> changes, and not just for style.  Comments in line below:
[snip]
> I changed the loop structures for style and clarity reasons.  You might
> recheck them in case I broke their function somehow.

All the changes still look correct and I think they're good
improvements.  My basic testing still passes (including with GCC's
debug mode - but a mail to follow soon regarding resetdb...)

Thanks, and happy new year.

Jon

problems in ConnectionPoolJonathan Wakely22 Dec
  • Re: problems in ConnectionPoolJonathan Wakely22 Dec
    • Re: problems in ConnectionPoolJonathan Wakely22 Dec
  • Re: problems in ConnectionPoolWarren Young27 Dec
    • Re: problems in ConnectionPoolWarren Young27 Dec
      • Re: problems in ConnectionPoolJonathan Wakely27 Dec
        • Re: problems in ConnectionPoolWarren Young28 Dec
    • Re: problems in ConnectionPoolJonathan Wakely27 Dec
      • Re: problems in ConnectionPoolWarren Young3 Jan