List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 26 2007 9:30pm
Subject:Re: MySQL++ Cannot Connect to Server
View as plain text
Brian Dawn wrote:

> But I caught the exception and got it's what() method. I got "Can't
> connect to MySQL server on '123.myServer.net' <10060>.

10060 is a Winsock error code meaning "connection refused".  It means
the server is either a) not running, b) running but not listening on the
port number you're using, or c) running but bound to a different IP
address than the one you're using.

After reading your subsequent message, it's 'c' in your particular case:
the server is listening only on the localhost IP address, so only
programs running on the same machine can connect to it.  The connection
is being rejected down in the network stack; the MySQL server never even
sees the attempt.
Thread
MySQL++ Cannot Connect to ServerBrian Dawn22 Dec
  • Re: MySQL++ Cannot Connect to ServerJonathan Wakely22 Dec
    • Re: MySQL++ Cannot Connect to ServerBrian Dawn22 Dec
      • Re: MySQL++ Cannot Connect to ServerWarren Young22 Dec
        • Re: MySQL++ Cannot Connect to ServerBrian Dawn22 Dec
          • Re: MySQL++ Cannot Connect to ServerWarren Young26 Dec
        • Re: MySQL++ Cannot Connect to ServerBrian Dawn22 Dec