List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian Dawn Date:December 22 2007 7:00pm
Subject:Re: MySQL++ Cannot Connect to Server
View as plain text
The slash isn't actually there, I just put it there to indicate that login and database
name were the same thing. The actual login/DB name is mwtss.

But I caught the exception and got it's what() method. I got "Can't connect to MySQL
server on '123.myServer.net' <10060>.

So it sounds like my login information is incorrect, but I know it is.

Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote: Brian Dawn wrote:

> But yes, my database login and name are the same thing, thats just
> how my web host works I guess.

Is there really a slash in these names, or is that some special notation
handled by PHP?  Slashes in these names don't mean anything special to
MySQL++ or the underlying C API.

> As for it getting stuck, it just hangs there for a while then I get
> an unhandled exception error (mysqlpp::ConnectionFailed to be
> specific).

Catch the exception and find out what its what() method says.  It
usually tells you exactly what the problem is.