List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian Dawn Date:December 22 2007 1:28am
Subject:Re: MySQL++ Cannot Connect to Server
View as plain text
(First of all I really hope I am doing this correctly as I have never really used a
mailing list before)

But yes, my database login and name are the same thing, thats just how my web host works I
guess.

As for it getting stuck, it just hangs there for a while then I get an unhandled exception
error (mysqlpp::ConnectionFailed to be specific).

Jonathan Wakely <mysql@stripped> wrote: On 22/12/2007, Brian Dawn  wrote:
> Hello I am running windows vista, but the problem also occurs on windows xp. I can
> compile mysql++ programs just fine, however whenever I attempt to connect to my server
> using this line of code
>
> con.connect("mydb/login", "1234.theserver.net", "mydb/login", "mypass");
> (obviously I removed the login info =) )

did you really pass the same value for the user name and the database
name?  is that right?

> it compiles just fine but when I run it it gets stuck on that line of code. I had
> guessed that this means my login information is incorrect, however I know its right as I
> can connect to it using PHP just fine.

what does "gets stuck" mean?  it hangs forever? it gives an error?

Jon