List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Date:December 20 2007 11:50am
Subject:Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problem
View as plain text
Warren Young wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>> What is the purpose of the static elements that are eliminated by
>> defining MYSQLPP_SSQLS_NO_STATICS?
>
> Err...you have the source.  :)
>
> I recommend looking at Query::insert(), update(), replace()...
Thanks.  Having source and understanding it are not always the same
thing.

>> Or is it require to make ssqls work?
>
> You are wondering if perhaps we put them in there just to annoy you?  :)
Lol.  I'm hoping that isn't the case.  Perhaps I should have asked the
question in a different way.  I got the impression from reading various
bits about mysql++ that the static parts might be used by some of the
functions but not others.  For instance I don't use SSQLS for anything
other than queries (selects) and wondered if I could could have gotten
away with defining MYSQLPP_SSQLS_NO_STATICS for everything instead of
the current #ifdef ....#endif.  That was really the question.  Sorry for
not making myself clear.

Jim.

Thread
Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles12 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWilliam F. Dowling12 Dec
Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young12 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles16 Dec
Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young17 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles17 Dec
Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young17 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles17 Dec
RE: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemJoel Fielder17 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemDrew M.18 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles18 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young18 Dec
    • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemJim19 Dec
      • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young19 Dec
        • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemJim20 Dec
          • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young21 Dec