List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Simon Pickles Date:December 18 2007 8:42pm
Subject:Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problem
View as plain text

Warren Young wrote:
>> #ifndef CLASSWITHSSQLS_H
>> #define CLASSWITHSSQLS_H
>>
>> #define MYSQLPP_SSQLS_NO_STATICS // *** ditto ClassWithSSQLS.h
>
> Ooops, this one shouldn't be there.
>
> Basically, the rule is to tell the preprocessor to not define the
> statics in every .cpp file before the #include for *either* ssqls.h or
> ClassWithSSQLS.h.  It's essentially the same thing the manual talks
> about.  You've just added a second file, but not changed the actual
> problem.

Have you been able to get this small example to compile? It won't on
g++4.1. I have the files exactly  as you have suggested (which i agree
is logical), including the small modification above, but its exactly the
same multiple definition problem as before.

I may have to write a long-hand struct-filler instead of the macros.
Shame, the SSQLS are otherwise handy!

Thanks

Simon

Thread
Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles12 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWilliam F. Dowling12 Dec
Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young12 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles16 Dec
Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young17 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles17 Dec
Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young17 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles17 Dec
RE: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemJoel Fielder17 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemDrew M.18 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles18 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young18 Dec
    • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemJim19 Dec
      • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young19 Dec
        • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemJim20 Dec
          • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young21 Dec