List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 18 2007 6:19pm
Subject:Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problem
View as plain text
Joel Fielder wrote:
> This is how I did it, but maybe my way is "wrong", Warren will tell me
> no doubt :)

Okay, I accept. :)

> The macros in the header and the cpp must be identical.

There's the problem.  It's easy to make them identical once.  It's less
easy to remember to update both copies any time one has to change.
Duplicate code is always at risk of drift.

If you need a declaration in multiple places, it goes in a header file;
that's why they were invented.

All we're doing with these MYSQLPP_SSQLS_NO_STATICS games is choosing
where the *definition* goes, because there can be only one of those.
Thread
Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles12 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWilliam F. Dowling12 Dec
Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young12 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles16 Dec
Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young17 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles17 Dec
Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young17 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles17 Dec
RE: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemJoel Fielder17 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemDrew M.18 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles18 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young18 Dec
    • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemJim19 Dec
      • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young19 Dec
        • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemJim20 Dec
          • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young21 Dec