List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 17 2007 9:19pm
Subject:Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problem
View as plain text
Simon Pickles wrote:

> I think ClassWithSSQLS.h is the 'owner'.

This is the source of your confusion.  The "owner" is always a .cpp
file.  .h files declare things, .cpp files define them.  At issue is the
*definition* of the static data members of your SSQLS, so it's a matter
for a .cpp file.

> Note, I've also tried the same file structure but making the
> ClassWithSSQLS.cpp the owner, then using NO_STRUCTS on main.cpp and
> ClassWithSSQLS.h

MYSQLPP_SSQLS_NO_STATICS doesn't go in the .h file either, unless you
guard it like in the second example in my excerpt from the new manual.
If you're taking the first, simpler path, it only goes in .cpp files
above the #include for all but one module.
Thread
Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles12 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWilliam F. Dowling12 Dec
Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young12 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles16 Dec
Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young17 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles17 Dec
Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young17 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles17 Dec
RE: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemJoel Fielder17 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemDrew M.18 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemSimon Pickles18 Dec
  • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young18 Dec
    • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemJim19 Dec
      • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young19 Dec
        • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemJim20 Dec
          • Re: Linking errors after moving to SSQLSs, macro problemWarren Young21 Dec