List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 3 2007 2:04pm
Subject:Re: Annoying question from a noob
View as plain text
Michael Sullivan wrote:
> michael@camille examples $ g++ simple1.cpp -lz -lmysqlclient_r -lmysqlpp
> -I/usr/local/include/mysql++/ -I/usr/include/mysql -o simple
> /tmp/ccuuBkDx.o: In function `main':
> simple1.cpp:(.text+0xbe): undefined reference to `connect_to_db(int,
> char**, mysqlpp::Connection&, char const*)'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The MySQL++ examples weren't designed to be built by hand like this.
The normal MySQL++ library build also builds the examples.

If you're just trying to figure out how to build a MySQL++ program,
you've already got it.  The examples have other requirements that you
needn't bother yourself with.  You can figure it out by studying
Makefile.simple, but really, it's just details specific to the MySQL++
examples.
Thread
Annoying question from a noobMichael Sullivan2 Dec
  • Re: Annoying question from a noobGraham Reitz2 Dec
    • Re: Annoying question from a noobMichael Sullivan2 Dec
      • Re: Annoying question from a noobddneilson2 Dec
      • Re: Annoying question from a noobWilliam F. Dowling2 Dec
        • Re: Annoying question from a noobMichael Sullivan2 Dec
          • Re: Annoying question from a noobGraham Reitz2 Dec
          • Re: Annoying question from a noobWarren Young3 Dec
            • Re: Annoying question from a noobKun Niu3 Dec
              • Re: Annoying question from a noobWarren Young3 Dec