List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joe Hudson Date:December 1 2007 3:47pm
Subject:Re: linking mysql++ 2.3.2
View as plain text
thanks Warren,

with you on the PIC microcontrollers :) well the include path for mysql.h is
set in the project settings.
and that is the first error... Seems Eclipse was very confusingly displayng
errors for other projects in my build group,. :)

just read the new manual section on SSQLS's . helpful thanks. hmm. would
defining MYSQLPP_SSQLS_NO_STATICS globally and just calling:

MYSQLPP_SSQLS_EXPAND(<SSQLS name>)

once for each struct in a .cpp file for the header that defines the SSQLS's
be a reasonable solution to where there are lots of modules that use the
same SSQLS's?

re the threads and using the same SSQLS for multiple tables. yep, that's
what I intend.  I have lots (a few thousand) of tables with the same
structure, but I want them as seperate tables because each could contain a
lot of data and they are for seperate real world things that I want to keep
seperate in the DB. I just want a neat and convenient way of  using the same
SSQLS type to manipulate different tables with the same structure. Is that
weird?  The tables in question will come in and out of existence as their
real world counterparts do.  I don't really want thousands of SSQLS's that
are all essentially the same and have to write new code each time a
financial instrument changes its name or exchange or comes into or out of
existence. That's why I wrote those additional template functions. Can you
suggest a better solution?

still chipping away at the problem. Eclipse 'helpfully' changing the console
output to a project other than the one you're looking at after attempting to
build has been noted. away for weekend. will let you know if it's still
unresolved when I return. thanks again!

Best regards,
Joe

> Joe Hudson wrote:
> > /usr/local/include/mysql++/common.h:157: error: 'MYSQL_FIELD' does not
> name
> > a type
>
> I don't see how you can get this error without an earlier one
> complaining that one of the MySQL C API headers couldn't be found.
> Regardless, it probably means the directory containing those files isn't
> in your #include path.  How you set that up in Eclipse is something
> you'll have to figure out; I've only used Eclipse briefly, and it was
> for PIC microcontrollers, not very high on the list of popular
> deployment platforms for MySQL++.
>
> > (I'm using multiple threads and don't want to define a seperate SSQLS
> for
> > each thread or put a lock on the .table(str) method between each
> insert., if
> > that makes any sense..)
>
> Um, no, can't say it does make sense.  SSQLS::table() returns a
> reference to const char*, and the only reason it isn't char* const
> instead is because you might want to change the table name _once_ if the
> SSQLS has a different name than the table it belongs to.  If you do need
> that change, it can happen while only a single thread is running, so
> there's no chance for a race condition.
>
> Unless, I suppose, you're doing something weird like reusing one SSQLS
> for multiple tables just because they share the same structure.  That's
> just lazy.  One table per SSQLS, one SSQLS per table.
>
> > /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> > Wdbaccesstypes::equity_row::names
>
> You've defined MYSQLPP_SSQLS_NO_STATICS globally instead of defining it
> for all modules but one.  That leaves two statics undefined per SSQLS.
>
> Unfortunately, the complete consequences of this macro were only
> documented here on the mailing list until recently.  It's documented in
> what will be the v3 user manual (section 5.5, ATM) if you want to check
> out the svn version and build it....

LIVE MUSIC + OTHER PERFORMANCE ART CHARITY FUNDRAISER
Doors 6.30pm - 1st act 7:30pm,  2nd SUNDAY of EVERY month
@ THE TALKING HEADS, PORTSWOOD Rd, SOUTHAMPTON
£3 entrance: all profits to 2 Local Charities. SCRATCH and HAMPSHIRE
AUTISTIC SOCIETY

Contact joe.hudson@stripped for more info.
---------------------------------------
Visit http://www.myspace.com/littlecog  for latest details, to post new
events or volunteer for future community action events.

Thread
linking mysql++ 2.3.2Joe Hudson1 Dec
  • Re: linking mysql++ 2.3.2Warren Young1 Dec
    • Re: linking mysql++ 2.3.2Joe Hudson1 Dec
      • Re: linking mysql++ 2.3.2Warren Young3 Dec
        • Re: linking mysql++ 2.3.2Joe Hudson4 Dec
          • Re: linking mysql++ 2.3.2Warren Young4 Dec
            • Re: linking mysql++ 2.3.2Joe Hudson7 Dec
              • Re: linking mysql++ 2.3.2Warren Young7 Dec