List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 1 2007 6:25am
Subject:Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer template
View as plain text
Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> checking if (this ==&rhs) on *every* assignment is
> what's really wasteful.  In 99.9% of assignments the rhs.use_count()
> goes up, and this->use_count() goes down.  It's only wasteful in the
> 0.1% of cases where this == &rhs and the same refcount goes up and
> down.

okayfine :)

I was just confused about whether the T* case was implicitly protected.
  I've deconfused (confissioned?) myself now.
Thread
Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateWarren Young29 Nov
  • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateJoseph Artsimovich29 Nov
    • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateWarren Young29 Nov
      • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateJonathan Wakely30 Nov
        • Re: Eyeballs needed on new reference counted pointer templateWarren Young1 Dec